Power flush – Welwyn Garden City
Are you looking for an experienced local plumber that can Power flush your heating system in Wewlyn Garden City?
Important: To undertake a power flush, you do not need to be a plumber or a gas safe registered engineer. However, it’s always advisable to choose a well qualified experienced plumber and heating engineer rather than someone that has only attended a Power Flush course. If your heating system needs additional repairs a qualified gas safe heating engineer can quickly diagnose the issue and even repair on site if possible.
Find out more about our Power Flush service in Welwyn Garden City
Power flushing is a process that pumps chemically treated water around your heating system to remove a build up of sludge in pipe work and valves. This sludge is caused by the internal rust from radiators and reaction from all the different metals used within your radiators and pipework.
There are several reasons your heating system may need a power flush:
Why Power Flush your heating system?
- New boiler installations – manufacturers insist on a power flush, otherwise the 5yr guarantee is invalid
- Some rooms appear colder than others because some radiators are no longer working efficiently
- Your home is slow to warm up
- Radiators are cooler at the bottom where the sludge has built up over time
- Boilers make banging noises as they find it harder and harder to pump water full of sludge around your system
- Blocked heat exchangers – sludge often gets trapped in boiler heat exchangers which can be expensive to change
What are the benefits of Power Flushing your radiators?
- Reduce heating bills
- Homes warm up quicker
- Reduces the risk of boiler breakdowns
- Extends the life of your heating system
- Some boiler manufacturers insist on a Power flush in order to validate their guarantees
How will you Power Flush my central heating?
We’ll set up our specialist Power Flush equipment outside and connect it to your heating system. Water and a cleaning agent is them pumped into your central heating system to flush out the sludge. There is no increase in water pressure from the power flush – only extra flow. An in-line powerfull magnet collects the build up of sludge (created from internal rust from your radiators and reactions of different metals used in your pipework) and stops the sludge from recirculating during the powerflush operation.
After several hours the water becomes clear. We’ll then add inhibitor into the water to help prevent future corrosion and pump this around the system. The acidic value of the central heating system will also be neutralised leaving a PH7 reading (this is another requirement for new boiler installations). This also reduces the need for another power flush for around 5 years depending on the age of your system. We’ll check your radiators are working efficiently – removing any air if necessary. So we’ll leave you with an efficient and clean central heating system.
You can read more about Power Flushing from the Kamco website.
All our work is guaranteed – get a quote today. Call 07977 924459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org